Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Blog Entry #5

During the semester, I learned a new way of learning with this class. This is the first time, I'm taking a hybrid class. Although, I was completely unaware that I signed up for a hybrid class, I do not regret it at all. I never knew learning in English class could actually be fun until this class, the usage of blogs makes writing an essay not feel like we're writing an essay. Class discussions on intriguing topics like the supernatural really interests me as a opposed to constantly reading and referring to Shakespeare's works of literature. Not trying to talk badly about Shakespeare, just after a while always talking about him, isn't the most fun. This course is not going the way I thought it was, since like I mentioned before of being unaware that this was a hybrid class, I thought it was going to be a standard English class, sitting in a room constantly writing and revising essays and analyzing pieces of literature. So far the two pieces of literature that really stuck out to be was "Goblin Market" and "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" they're such powerful works of literature, and both stood out to me, out of all the pieces of literature we have worked on thus far of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment