Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Blog Entry # 7

I chose the archetype that seemed problematic to me was "The Destroyer." Initially, I assumed it was a big tyrant doing whatever it please despite the pain it causes on others. But after reading the description, the destroyer isn't a archetype that is a one way mind-set as I thought. The Destroyer in fact can be seen as a victim who has experience something so tragic. When a tragedy occurs to people, the reactions and coping mechanism varies on the different people. The textbook uses the examples of Zorro and Robin Hood, someone who has experience oppression and is willing to do whatever it takes legally or illegally to fight for what they believe is right. In real life, the only group of people who I would classify to follow the archetype of the destroyer are protestors/activists. Some protesters/activists are peaceful ones, it may have worked for Ghandi. But it in the present day, if you're not doing something to get attention, even bad attention, nothing will change. People may have to result in a violent riot, and literally fight for their right. The Destroyer archetype, makes me think of the quote "

No comments:

Post a Comment