Monday, October 28, 2013

Blog Entry # 6

Archetype's are stereotypical personality characteristics that have been labeled and dissected and now is typically used when referring to pieces of literature on fables, fairy tales and folktales or in the psychological field when describing one's personality/ego. I choose The Magician archetype. Initially, I chose it before reading any of the other archetypes, because of my interest of magicians, witches and magic. But after reading all of the twelve archetypes, my decision hasn't changed. The Magician, is referred to as a powerful being that doesn't really have much authoritative power but is powerful nonetheless. The Magician prefers to be in the sidelines, than being the center of attention and being fully responsible. In real life the person/people I would think to follow "The Magician" archetype are my managers at my job. They have authority over my fellow cashiers and myself, yet they still have no authority fully of the store, the owner does. Customers typically confuse the mangers as the owners, although they know the entire store like the back of their hand and help cashiers and stock people, the managers do not want the resonipbility that comes with owning a store. People assume it's easier to own a store rather than manage it, and nine out of ten times, they're wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment